** Large Lined Journal **
If you are celestially minded, this brilliant cover design is sure to enchant and delight. With its central star shape, Solis exerts an emotional pull akin to a warm, glowing sunrise after a long winter’s sleep. For those inclined to contemplate the cosmos, look no further than Nova Stella Solis.
The Nova Stella covers come from the 1789 binding of Missale Sacri Ordinis Praedicatorum, printed during the Settecento period by Octavio Puccinelli publishers. During this time bookbinding became at once simpler and yet more complex. The sewing was done on recessed cords to give the spines a smooth appearance and so, while the structure of books was uncomplicated, decoration became increasingly elaborate.
The free space around the central object is as important as the ornamentation that surrounds it, just as deep space is part of what makes stars so inspiring. Here we see brocade with flowers and heart shapes, gilt-edged, broad string iron lines, single punch gilding and a cross with flowers and initials.Let this journal guide your imagination into a universe of possibilities.
100% recycled binder boards
Decorative printed cover paper
FSC-certified text paper
Threaded stitching and glue, as needed
Acid-free sustainable forest paper
At Paperblanks, we create products that inspire creativity, empower expression and celebrate special
moments. A homage to art and culture, our line of journals and creative tools sparks the imagination by
offering a connection to artists and cultural movements from all eras and regions.
• Wide range of timeless cover art
• World cultures and traditions represented
• Historical background and credit information detailed in each
• Wrap, elastic and clasp closures offered
• Selected to complement each cover design
• All books are Smyth sewn – the highest-quality binding available
• Smyth sewn refers to a classic style of bookmaking in which the
signatures are sewn together and further reinforced with adhesive
and fabric backing.
• Paper weights (gsm) vary depending on book format and can be
found on every product page
• All text paper is FSC-certified
• Binder boards crafted from 100% recycled material
• Hardcover journals have an accordion-style memento pouch
• Flexi notebooks come with a curved back cover pocket